Saturday, April 26, 2014

Melanie

I loved Melanie back when... unique, inspirational & honest & her song Johnny Boy my friend was intense... "I Really Loved Harold" "I don't eat Animals" are some of my favourite tunes I'm not sure which album I had, it's in Boston, I'm in Southern England it remains to be seen, I know the cover was a deep tone.
Back tracking back to Melanie & the days of the early 70's with these videos from folks at Youtube, thanks for posting.



Melanie Safka - I Really Loved Harold Lyrics 

I'm pretty sure it's suppose to be Alfie as in Alfred not alpha as in male 

Melanie Safka - Johnny Boy Lyrics
( I think of you Dad, this always reminded me of you 
now more than ever. 
♥)



Lay Down- Candles in the rain

Melanie's website http://www.melaniesafka.com/





"Melanie Anne Safka-Schekeryk (born February 3, 1947) is an American singer-songwriter.[1] Known professionally as Melanie, she is best known for her hits "Brand New Key", "Ruby Tuesday", "What Have They Done To My Song Ma", and her song about performing at the 1969 Woodstock Music Festival, "Lay Down (Candles in the Rain)"

"Melanie was born and raised in the Astoria neighborhood of Queens, New York City, New York. Her father, Fred, was of a Russian-Ukrainian ethnic background and her jazz singer mother, Polly, was of Italian heritage.[4][5] Melanie made her first public singing appearance at age four on the radio show Live Like A Millionaire, performing the song "Gimme a Little Kiss". She attended Red Bank High School in Red Bank, New Jersey, graduating in 1966. After school, her parents insisted that she go to college, so she studied acting at the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York,[6] where she began singing in the folk clubs of Greenwich Village and signed her first recording contract."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melanie_Safka   Wikipedia





No comments: